What's the difference between a registered psychologist and a clinical psychologist?

There are two types of psychologists: Registered Psychologists and Clinical Psychologists.

Registered Psychologists must have at least six years of university training and supervised experience. They must also participate in regular education to keep their knowledge and skills up to date. To keep their registration, they must adhere to strict standards and must abide by a strict code of ethics when practising.

Clinical Psychologists must have all of the above as well as an 'area of practice endorsement' (such as sport and exercise psychology) for which they hold university qualifications and supervised training for. Whichever type of psychologist, you should expect the same quality of care, ethical behaviour and standards of practice.".

All someone.health psychologists have had their qualifications and registrations verified and have been individually interviewed by the someone.health team to ensure they deliver high standards of practice.

Clinicians who say they are practising as a psychologist must be registered with the Psychology Board of Australia (PsyBA) and listed with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).